ALC Kids Blog
This year’s Pound the Pavement for Peter was a huge success because of the corporate sponsors, family sponsors and over 375 race day and festivity participants. Over $140,000
Research shows that children's earliest experiences play a critical role in brain development www.nectac.org
The Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University research is below
- Neural circuits, which create the foundation for learning, behavior and health are most flexible during the first three years of life. Over time, they become increasingly difficult to change.
- Early social/emotional development and physical health provide the foundation upon which cognitive and language skills develop.
- High quality early intervention services can change a child's developmental trajectory and improve outcomes for children, families, and communities.
- Services to young children who have or are at risk for developmental delays have been shown to positively impact outcomes across developmental domains such as language & communication, cognitive development, and social / emotional development.
The work of ALC could not be accomplished without the generosity of our donors. Tuition alone does not cover the cost on an inclusive education, and we depend on the help of supporters to make the difference. Your gift to ALC will enable us to expand our services to meet more children's needs in more locations, and increase the financial aid assistance available to families who need it.
You can also donate to ALC as you shop for everyday items.
- Kroger Cash Cards
- Target Take Charge of Education
- Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to ALC